- Complaintsboard.com has many people complaining that MyLife is a scam, uses false advertising, etc. I concur.
- Just say 'no' to mylife.com, http://techpaul.wordpress.com/2009/03/06/just-say-no-to-mylifecom/ . It appears that the author gave MyLife access to his e-mail accounts, and regretted it.
- Wikipedia has an article. Highlights: lawsuits against the company for e-mail spoofing. Parent reunion.com rated F by the LA BBB.
- "Mylife.com: A new tool for bargain-seeking stalkers" at http://www.socialmeteor.com/2009/02/28/mylifecom-a-new-tool-for-bargain-seeking-stalkers/ . This article goes into some detail about how MyLife is gathering and abusing PII. Recommended.
- "MyLife.com Accused of Running 'Spam-and-Scam' Scheme" http://www.walletpop.com/2011/03/02/mylife-com-accused-of-running-spam-and-scam-scheme/ discusses a lawsuit against these slimeballs (and I'm being completely objective here) in US District Court in Oakland, CA. Links are provided.
- TechCrunch talks about the birth of MyLife as a merger of reunion.com and wink.com. This corroborates much of what's in the Wikipedia article.
Friday, June 3, 2011
Google Search for MyLife.com