Saturday, February 27, 2010

Naymz? No Thanks

I just received an invitation to join yet another social networking site, Naymz. I'm clearly facing a deadline here:
Please join my Professional Network on Naymz. Click here to view my invitation, which will expire in 30 days.

What is Naymz? Clearly a site run by people who can't spell. And they also have a weak grasp of English grammar. From their site:

Naymz is a powerful tool for any professional looking to advance their career to the next level. Our innovative professional networking platform allows people to find and discover new connections, opportunities, ideas, and information based on their backgrounds and reputations.

Since they don't even bother to make the description of their site grammatically-correct, I have to wonder how good their quality is throughout. Note for the puzzled: professional is singular; their is plural.

Admittedly I'm being a little hard on them, but is there anything the world needs less than a new social networking site?

No comments: