Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chrome Cookie Management: Could be Better

I went into my Chrome settings this morning to delete unwanted cookies. Clearly I had waited too long, and should have simply deleted them all and then dealt with the consequences later. Instead, I went through many, many cookies individually and deleted the vast majority of them. Some thoughts:
  1. It would be nice to have a select-all control with the ability to then go through and uncheck a few.
  2. Why is the server address limited to such a narrow field? Even when I maximized the window, the server address field stayed narrow, and there was no adjustment gadget to make it wider. Thus many of the server names were not fully-visible.
  3. From now on I do more of my browsing in an in cognito window, or in Opera. I use Opera for various news-related sites and blogs that I visit daily, and my Opera settings are to delete all cookies on exit.

No comments: