Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chrome on Ubuntu

I've started using Chrome on one of my Ubuntu Linux machines, and kinda like it. It's fast, and pointing it at a PeopleSoft SA page doesn't lobotomize it (Firefox 3 slows to a crawl when SA is visited and remains at a snail's pace until the browser is closed--generally a mercy killing). A few minuses to date:
  1. The formatting on some of the PeopleSoft SA pages is sufficiently messed up as to be unreadable. It's not as though they were all that readable to begin with, though.
  2. It doesn't seem aware of my Flash installation, which may be a simple configuration issue.
  3. I can't right-click on an image and ask it to never load images from that particular server ever again. Thus I see a lot of ads I've trained Firefox to not fetch.

No comments: